March 5 - March 11, 2007


v. and adj.

1 shorten or diminish by cutting off the top or end part of; cut short, mutilate 2 Geom. & Mineralogy replace (an edge or a vortex) with a plane face, esp. so as to make equal angles with the adjacent faces. adj. Bot. & Zool. ending abruptly as if cut off transversely at the base or tip. truncation n.

[Latin truncare truncat - maim]
Source: The Canadian Oxford Dictionary

Back to WOW archives