I am a frequent contributor to many Canadian consumer magazines including explore, Cottage Life and Canadian Geographic Travel.
In 2012 I shared an honourable mention National Magazine Award in the editorial package category for the article "Top 30 Under 30" (explore Sept/Oct. 2011.) In 2011 I received an honourable mention National Magazine Award in the sports category for "Testing the Waters" (explore July/Aug. 2010), and an honourable mention in the business category for "Going Concern"(Cottage Life May 2010). I also received a 2011 International Regional Magazine Association bronze award in the Public Issues category for the same story.
In 2008 I shared an honourable mention National Magazine Award in the editorial package category for the article "Nice Work. " (explore Sept/Oct. 2007) That year I also shared a silver National Magazine Award in the same category for writing that appeared in "125 Things We Love Out There." (explore June 2006) I shared a gold National Magazine Award in the service journalism, lifestyle category for work I did on explore's "The Life List" published in the July/August 2005 issue.
Here are my most recently published feature articles:
- Breezing through the Windy City – published the fall 2012 issue of Canadian Geographic Travel
- Ready, Set, Mallory – published in the June 2012 issue of Cottage Life
- Island of Plenty – published in the fall 2011 issue of Canadian Geographic Travel
- Testing the Waters – My escape from Alcatraz, published in the July/August 2010 issue of explore
- Going Concern – An investigative feature about Ontario's disappearing marinas, published in the May 2010 issue of Cottage Life
- The Butterfly Effect (4.78 MB) – In search of Point Pelee's monarchs, published in the spring 2010 issue of Canadian Geographic Travel